A Project on WASH (water sanitation and hygiene).
some of the most precarious unmet health needs were addressed by Hwvo. A Project WASH (water sanitation and hygiene) was implemented for undertaking community based water, sanitation & hygiene program for the areas without drinking water facility of Bandipora and Baramulla districts of Kashmir region, this was done by repairing the water tube well of these areas and also undertook work with children with respect to Sanitation, health and hygiene promotion. Also trainings to the active community groups were provided on decomposing waste & vermi- composting.
• Helped in Community mobilisation to promote Safe water, Sanitation, hygiene & health-seeking behaviours, and to empowered people to take an active role in WASH operations
• Awareness Camp on Importance of Sanitation and Hygiene was conducted with school going children of 25 Government schools of Sumbal, Tehsil, District Bandipora.
• Restoration of 40 Water tube wells & installation of 10 new tube wells was done for safe drinking water in Bandipora District.
• IEC on WASH activities with 10 community active groups was conducted.
• Orientation on vermin-composting from waste with 10 active community groups in Bandipora.